Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Two Months with Dawsyn

We have been a little busy that past couple of weeks. And I guess that it will only get worse next week. I just wanted to update what we have been up to.





Dawsyn discovered how much she loves the swing. Thanks to Aunt Megan and Addie, they let us borrow theirs. Also, Aunt Charmian let us take her table top swing. That will come in very handy if she needs to come to work with me.





This is us getting ready to go for our first hike with Dad and Neo. Yes, I am a little slow. When Cole walks Neo he takes him up the hill behind our house. It is so steep. No, Seriously... STEEP. So I have been a little chicken to go up it. It was a beautiful night and we made it further than I thought I could; even with all my huffing and puffing. Dawsyn loved it. She fell asleep in the pack.



We got to go up to Austin and Bennett's graduation with Grandma and Grandpa T in Farr West (by Ogden). This was our first major road trip and Dawsyn did great. We left from Koosharem right after church, she slept all but one hour of the trip up. We had fun seeing the Robinson family. Wish we were a little closer so we could see them more often, but we look forward to them coming to stay with us for the Summer Games where Parker will be playing.
This is Cole and Dawsyn as we waited outside of Seminary graduation. We decided that might be too much for Dawsyn, because we pulled into the parking lot 15 min before it started.


SHOTS...






The first picture doesn't look like she was very happy, but she wasn't that bad. At her two month check-up, Dawsyn weighs 13lbs 2oz and is 23 1/2 inches. That put her in the 90th and 95th percentile. Her head is a little smaller, she was only in the 55th percentile for head circumference. Needless to say, healthy, happy and growing baby girl. The doctor asked me how tall I was, then asked how tall Cole is; then said,"She's got her dad's height." I hope it stays that way and she will be a little taller than her mom. Even a couple inches would be fine!

When the nurse came in to give the vaccinations, I thought that I was going to cry. I was holding my sweet little girl, who was sleeping so soundly. I started to wake her up, and the nurse gave me the oral vaccination and I gave that to her, she thought it was pretty tasty. I seriously had a lump in my throat and I was trying to choke back the tears. I hated every second of her 3 shots, but I have to say that Dawsyn has a pretty dang cute little cry. She pokes out that bottom lip and you can't help but smile.

We kept her full of Tylenol that night, but I held her most of the evening. She just kept whimpering and if I put her in her bed, she would start to cry. That is okay... I could hold her all day.











So, next week I am going back to work. I have been trying not to talk about it, every time it comes up I start to cry. We are very lucky that my boss is allowing me to work around Cole's schedule and work 4 hours at home and 4 hours in the office. I am just trying to figure out when we will have a family life with work and church callings that keep us running. We will never have a regular schedule, it changes every week. Everyone says that I just need to learn to say NO, but that is easier said than done. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers that I can make it through next week!!

4 comments:

Doty Family said...

She is a doll!!! Isn't being a mom fun? Sad that you have to go back to work. I did it with my first two and cried every day for the first week or so. But it does get better. Good luck!!!

P.S. I need to find your email for the graduation. Email me at bdotydoty@yahoo.com

Brian and Amelia said...

Oh, she is so darling! Thanks for posting on our blog! We don't mind at all, as long as it's okay to check in on yours, too! You're baby girl is so adorable, and you look great!

Amelia

Bobbi Leavitt said...

Kimala! what a sweet baby. She is so sweet! Glad to see that you are doing well. Miss you guys!
tysonbobbileavitt.blogspot.com

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

I love that sweet little grin! You are probably back to work by know. Ugh! I had to take Brylin to work with me when she was little and even if I was productive, somebody else wasn't because they were loving on her! I bet you are an awesome mom with all your aunt experience. Enjoy every second, they grow so fast!